Tuesday, July 13, 2010

As everyone knows, I am always on the hunt for a cheap wine that doesn't taste like battery acid. My favorite wine is sauvignon blanc and I actually found a great wine that retails for under $10 - Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc! Woohoo! I'm actually not suprised I liked it as it is from New Zealand (Marlborough) where most of my favorite Sav Blancs come from.

Please note: I have only tasted the 2008.

Anyway, I was originally drawn to this wine by the label. Umm, hello, I love cupcakes. I chilled it and decided to enjoy it one Saturday night with a cheese plate. Cherries, sharp chedder, crackers, and some hazelnuts (I got the idea after a dinner out with Carrie and Brendan). This wine is delicious!! Some sauvignon blancs can have too much acidity - it's overwhelming at points not to mention the heartburn it can cause. I think this wine did a great job in balancing it. This is definitely a lemony, citrus wine - best served extremely cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment