Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My favorite author

I enjoy reading, it's a hobby I've had my whole entire life. I never understood how people cannot like reading. For me, when I read, it is an escape. I don't even see the words on the page, it becomes a movie in my head.

This is going to sound strange, but my thoughts in my daily life are very spastic. They never run continiously, this is a byproduct of having ADD. Think of it like a television where the tv channel is constantly changing. That is my thought process. It takes a good deal of concentration for me to be able to focus on a single point for a long time, and I quickly get bored.

Anyway, I digress. Reading is the one activity where this doesn't happen for me, and I love it. When I was younger I would read anything and everything. I also read extremely quickly as well. When I was younger (like middle school age), I could polish off a three hundred page book in a day. Lately I have had no time to read. My reading consists of Parents and US magazine.

I do not like reading cookie cutter mysteries that certain writers churn out. I like authors that put a great deal of thought into their work. Consequently, some of my favorite books include Memoirs of a Geisha, Midnight in the Garden of Evil, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Catch 22, and Cather in the Rye.

My favorite author who I love, love, love is Christopher Moore. The first book I ever read from him was Dirty Job. I loved this book. It's the story of a male who realizes that he is the Grim Reaper, and it is his job to collect souls so that demons don't get them (after people die, of course). This led me to explore his other works. His stories are all interwined, meaning that different characters pop up in different books. I love him because he is sarcastic (just like meeeeeeee). I highly recommend that you read him.

1 comment:

  1. I also forgot to mention that I love, Farewell to Arms and The Sun Also Rises.

    ReplyDelete