Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Restaurant I Am Obsessed With

About two months ago I found a little restaurant in a strip mall about a mile from my house. Actually, I shouldn't say *I* found it, Damien knows my love of falafal and he discovered it and suggested that we eat there. I didn't want to, and I'll admit, it was because it was in a strip mall. It's called The Garlic Lover's Corner.

I was pleasantly suprised when we walked in for the first time. The decor was upscale. Tiny christmas lights, a long mahogany bar, piano music. Not something you would expect out of a strip mall.

They immediately brought us over warm pita bread chunks with garlic olive to dip in. Um, can you say love? We ordered falafal as an appetizer. I ordered the apricot lamb stew, and Damien got the filet with bleu cheese sauce.

The falafal was delicious. We also got salads with our meal with a cucumber sauce and olives.

The lamb stew...oh. my. god. You wouldn't think that lamb and apricot go together, but they do. They give you a HUGE portion of it, too! It's served over orzo. I swear, I could eat this stew every single night.

Ever since we went there, I make it a point to have the stew at least once every two weeks. Screw the rest of the menu. I even took my mother here when she was visiting, and she liked it (and I like to think she has fabulous taste).

Here's the website:

http://garlicloverscorner.com/

And if you ever visit me in the land of Troy, you bet your ass I'm taking you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment