Monday, March 8, 2010

What can I do to reduce my carbon footprint?

This has been weighing on my mind a lot lately, and in the next few years I would like make some changes in my life to reduce my carbon footprint. It seems like it would be a waste of time if I didn't use some of the extensive education that I've had on earth sciences to use it for some good. This year we are starting a sustainable garden to grow fresh veggies for Ben. We are also going to make a compost heap (I know, ewww smelly). I have changed out all my lightbulbs to energy savers. We started recycling, and we also joined a Co-Op. I think that's a good start, but if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

2 comments:

  1. With the lightbulbs, make sure you dispose of them properly. You are supposed put them in the hazardous material collection, there's a special day for it or something. DH worked with the Dept of env and natural resources :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Assbeans...Oops..I mean Ashley (I know, that's getting old).

    ReplyDelete